Aisin Group Strengthening Production in China to Ramp Up Automatic Transmission Production
Apr. 25, 2018
Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Kariya, Aichi Prefecture; President: Yasumori Ihara) and the Aisin Group will restructure production lines at Tangshan Aisin Gear Co., Ltd. ("Tangshan Gear" below), a manual transmission production factory in China, and begin manufacturing automatic transmissions there starting August 2019, in an initiative to build an automatic transmission production capacity of 12.5 million units in 2020.
Tangshan Gear began production in 1996, and manufactures drive plates, which are manual and automatic transmission parts. Now, the existing manual transmission production line will be restructured, and a new automatic transmission assembly line will be established to supply 6-speed automatic transmissions for front-wheel drive vehicles to automobile manufacturers in China at a scale of 400,000 units per year.
The entire Aisin Group will continue with united efforts to respond flexibly to the changing needs of society and further strengthen its competitiveness.
Outline of Tangshan Gear (as of April 2018)
1. Name: Tangshan Aisin Gear Co., Ltd.
2. Location: Fengrun District, Tangshan, Hebei, People's Republic of China
3. Establishment: April 1996
4. Capital: 520 million RMB
5. Investment ratio: Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.: 77%, Aisin AI Co., Ltd.: 20%, Toyota Tsusho Corporation: 3%
6. Representative: Shintaro Ito, Chairman / Zhu Zhongshan, President
7. Site area: 201,433 m2
8. Building area: Factory building 79,908 m2, office building 6,892 m2, other 20,476 m2
9. Items produced: Manual and automatic transmission parts (drive plates)
10．Number of employees: Approximately 2200 (as of January 2018)