We recognize that addressing environmental issues is a matter impacting all humans and is of critical importance to our corporate existence and business activities, and we proactively and positively address environmental issues.
AISIN Consolidated Environmental Policy
We take an approach rooted in contributing to society and customers, a continuous process of improvement and respect for each and every person. Through business activities centering on monozukuri (manufacturing expertise in value-added products), we contribute to the creation of a sustainable society in which people will be able to coexist in harmony with the environment far into the future.
- Establish annual policies based on a long-term vision and carry out continuous improvements and periodical reviews of our environmental management system toward achieving targeted objectives all over the world.
- Promote efficient environmental management linking to original operations, through the sharing of information with governments, customers, local communities, suppliers and our employees, as well as cooperation with our consolidated companies.
- Promote innovative technology, enrichment of facilities, greater and more enlightened training and awareness by investing adequate management resources.
- Promote the development of new earth-friendly products and technologies that take life cycle into account, as well as environmentally friendly manufacturing.
- In addition to complying with international standards, laws and regulations and pollution control agreements stipulated by respective countries, establish voluntary standards in an effort to prevent pollution.
- Minimize usage and waste through resource and energy savings, procurement of materials with minimal environmental impact, logistics streamlining and expansion of recycling activities and other initiatives.
- Promote global nature and environmental conservation activities.
Vision for 2050
|Zero carbon society||
Aim to achieve zero CO2 emissions at group sites and contribute to building a zero carbon society
|Society focused on recycling of resources||
Aim to minimize environmental impact by maximizing resource efficiency
|Society in which people coexist with nature||
Aim to achieve harmony with nature and local communities around the world
Aim to create more advanced environmental management systems
Vision for FY2031
We have set a 2030 target as a milestone toward the goal of achieving carbon neutrality in 2050.
|Life cycle CO2 emissions reduction rate||17,333,000
|Improvement of accuracy
in understanding of results
for the purpose of setting targets
|Reduction of 25%
Compared to 2013
|Production CO2 emissions reduction rate (total)||2,819,000
|Reduction of 35%
Compared to 2013
In addition, we formulate an environmental initiative plan that sets activity goals every five years, and we are working to achieve our goals.
Organizational Diagram of Consolidated Environmental Committee
Working groups lead AISIN Group’s environmental activities
ALL AISIN Working Groups play a crucial role in implementing AISIN Group’s environmental activities globally (see figure above). We currently have Energy-saving, Environmental Conservation, EMS and Products Environmental working groups. All of these consist largely of members from our 13 core group companies, with our affiliate companies also participating in these activities.
Common roles of working groups
- Creation of medium- to long-term activity plans for each working group based on our consolidated medium- to long-term activity plans
- Creation of annual activity plans based on the mediumto long-term activity plans for each working group and semiannual reporting of activities.
- Establishment of various relevant consolidated guidelines, standards, etc.
Initiatives of our working groups
- Reduction of CO2 emissions in our production work
Outperforming every other company in each region by achieving zero abnormalities and complaints related to the environment
(1) Legal compliance activities
(2) Risk management such as activities to prevent environmental accidents
- Consolidated EMS training and training of consolidated auditors
- Reporting of assessment plans at the All-Aisin Environment Meeting
- Creation of EMS-related documents
- Investigation and sharing of elements such as indexes for measuring a product’s impact on the environment and methods for managing chemicals
- Visualization of the degree to which we are contributing to environmentally friendly products
- Investigation and sharing of trends in laws and regulations concerning the impact of products on the environment