We recognize that addressing environmental issues is a matter impacting all humans and is of critical importance to our corporate existence and business activities, and we proactively and positively address environmental issues.
AISIN Consolidated Environmental Policy
In order to realize the management philosophy based on "Impressed by" movement "and smile in the future", "Move and change by yourself!" Based on the idea of "creating!", Through business activities such as "manufacturing," we will strive to harmonize people and the earth for the future and solve environmental and social issues.
Vision for 2050
|Zero carbon society||
Aim to achieve zero CO2 emissions at group sites and contribute to building a zero carbon society
|Society focused on recycling of resources||
Aim to minimize environmental impact by maximizing resource efficiency
|Society in which people coexist with nature||
Aim to achieve harmony with nature and local communities around the world
Aim to create more advanced environmental management systems
Vision for FY2031
We have set a 2030 target as a milestone toward the goal of achieving carbon neutrality in 2050.
|Life cycle CO2 emissions reduction rate||17,333,000
|Improvement of accuracy
in understanding of results
for the purpose of setting targets
|Reduction of 25%
Compared to 2013
|Production CO2 emissions reduction rate (total)||2,819,000
|Reduction of 35%
Compared to 2013
In addition, we formulate an environmental initiative plan that sets activity goals every five years, and we are working to achieve our goals.
Organizational Diagram of Consolidated Environmental Committee
Working groups lead AISIN Group’s environmental activities
ALL AISIN Working Groups play a crucial role in implementing AISIN Group’s environmental activities globally (see figure above). We currently have Energy-saving, Environmental Conservation, EMS and Products Environmental working groups. All of these consist largely of members from our 13 core group companies, with our affiliate companies also participating in these activities.
Common roles of working groups
- Creation of medium- to long-term activity plans for each working group based on our consolidated medium- to long-term activity plans
- Creation of annual activity plans based on the mediumto long-term activity plans for each working group and semiannual reporting of activities.
- Establishment of various relevant consolidated guidelines, standards, etc.
Initiatives of our working groups
- Reduction of CO2 emissions in our production work
Outperforming every other company in each region by achieving zero abnormalities and complaints related to the environment
(1) Legal compliance activities
(2) Risk management such as activities to prevent environmental accidents
- Consolidated EMS training and training of consolidated auditors
- Reporting of assessment plans at the All-Aisin Environment Meeting
- Creation of EMS-related documents
- Investigation and sharing of elements such as indexes for measuring a product’s impact on the environment and methods for managing chemicals
- Visualization of the degree to which we are contributing to environmentally friendly products
- Investigation and sharing of trends in laws and regulations concerning the impact of products on the environment