Endeavors for Implementing Electrical Operation
We’ve been boosting vehicle fuel efficiency by refining our manual, automatic, and continuously variable transmission technologies. In the hybrid field, we’ve developed a 2-Motor Hybrid Transmission with Toyota Motor Corporation and a 1-Motor Hybrid Transmission independently.
We’ve also added a 1-Motor Hybrid Transmission to our lineup. Electrification of vehicles is here to stay.
- 2-Motor Hybrid Transmission for passenger vehicles
- This transmission houses the drive motor, power-generation motor, and dedicated hybrid-vehicle gearbox in a single unit. It achieves greater compactness in motor size.
- 1-motor hybrid transmissions
- Achieving both dramatically improved fuel economy and powerful performance
Hybrid transmission with a motor + engine cutoff clutch array installed in the torque converter section of the existing automatic transmission. Fuel economy is improved significantly with electric drive, and motor output is added to the engine to realize powerful startup and acceleration.
- Hybrid Transmission for commercial vehicles
- This 1-motor hybrid transmission internally combines a hybrid module having an internal motor and clutch with an existing commercial-vehicle 6-speed automatic transmission
- Electric 4WD Unit (eAxle)
- This unit generates drive power for an electric 4WD system that drives the rear wheels by means of motors. It contributes to stable travel on snowy roads and other slippery surfaces.
- Electrical Four Wheel Drive Unit (eAxle) – Under Development
- Electric four-wheel-drive unit enabling electric drive
Installation of a unit that moves the rear wheels by motor makes it possible to convert a conventional gasoline-powered vehicle into a plug-in hybrid. Also, control of the front and rear wheels can be optimized for stable 4WD without sideways skidding. In the future, we have plans to utilize this as a drive power source for electric vehicles.
- EV units
- Compact unit integrating motor, inverter, decelerator and transmission
Electric vehicle unit based on concept of series also including dual-motor hybrid vehicle and eAxle motor, utilizing gear train technology cultivated by the Aisin Group. By integrating the motor, inverter, decelerator and transmission to offer the package a single unit.
Working to Expand Use of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and Fuel-cell Vehicles (FCVs)
We are accelerating optimized body and chassis design and the development of new motors and inverters.
The Aisin Group's core technologies make it possible to balance the joy of driving with a sustainable society.