Aisin AW to Reinforce Its Manufacturing Site for Automatic Transmissions in the U.S.
Apr. 26, 2019
Aisin AW Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Anjo, Aichi, President: Kazuhisa Ozaki), determined to make a new investment to enhance the business ability of its automatic transmission (AT) business in the U.S., will reinforce its manufacturing site.
Aisin AW established AW North Carolina, Inc. in 1998 as its first manufacturing site in the U.S. Since then, a total of approximately 6.7 million rear-wheel drive (RWD) and front-wheel drive (FWD) transmissions have been produced there.
In the future, Aisin AW will help develop the automobile industry in the U.S. by strengthening its capability of manufacturing ATs for SUVs, for which greater demand is anticipated in the U.S., and hybrid transmissions as electrified products, thereby further enhancing competitiveness.
The overview is described below.
1. Products: Automatic transmissions,Hybrid transmissions
2. Estimated Investment amount: Approximately USD 400 million (limit)
3. No. of employees: Approximately 900
4. Production capacity: Approximately 200,000 units/year
5. Start of Production: September 2021 (planned)